Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:46:17 -0800
From:         zampano <matthias.k@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fast German will fix...don't do it
Comments: To: Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>

Stan,

They never offered anything, but presented me with a bill for $1595.00, which included R&R of the motor and the rest of it was an inspection and assessment fee, and the rest parts, mostly engine parts (bearings, seals, gaskets, motor mounts, engine hardware kits etc.). They never got back to me, had had the van for over 2 weeks now, and I had to finally go down there twice to find out how much it's gonna cost. Having me pay for engine related hardware such as bearings (I wouldn't even mind paying for a water pump, thermostat, which were only 9 months old, too, but according to them need replacement) is what broke the camels back. The warranty specifies that it does not cover R&R of the engine if it wasn't installed themselves. That makes sense. That would take about 12 hours, max

I paid them $2500.00 all together last April, and now don't have that vehicle for almost a month, it is still under warranty, and the engine didn't just have a problem, but completely failed. It should be a no brainer for any business owner to fix it, especially since I offer to pay $1100.00.

If they mess it up again, I will be taking them to court. I taped our conversations on a dictation device, and am keeping track of everything. Next time it will not be small claims court anymore, since it will be over $5000. I am sure they know that, I would think.

Happy trails

Matt