Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Jan 2003 19:16:26 -0600
From:         Robert Berkemer <berky@WWT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Current Prices on Mint Westy in Pac NW?
Comments: To: Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@HOTMAIL.COM>

Robert,

I know that the westies really hold their value on the west coast but ultimately the value of the vehicle is established by the banks and how much they will loan based on the value they place on the vehicle. Many on the list over the years have referred to "Kelly Blue Book Values" but here in the midwest banks use NADA values which are lower. If you look on the internet at both of these websites you will see a substantial difference on the same vehicle.

In Wisconsin I'm guessing that a clean 1987 westy (which would be hard to find due to road salt) would be valued by the banks for at the most $6,000 or $7,000. Based on that they would loan you 80% of that value. Maybe out on the coast the banks are hip and appreciate the uniqueness of these vans. Check with the folks at Go Westy. They are buying and selling and also have a list on their web site of what their used westies have sold for.

Good luck, Bob 84 westy, das bus