Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Jan 2003 07:46:15 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Main bearings/rod bearings/bolts
Comments: To: mwmiller@CWNET.COM

Live with the quart per 1500 miles. You are lucky you didn't blow a rod out the top of your block free running at 5000 rpms. You got away with it once and I think you've used up your blessings ............... just drive it and have fun.

Stan Wilder

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 22:29:51 -0800 Mike Miller <mwmiller@CWNET.COM> writes: > Volks, > > Some may remember I got an engine rebuild that refused to seat the > rings. > Burned about a qt/800 miles. After many miles, 16000, I put in non > detergent oil. No change. Someone recommended running it up to > 5000 rpm > for 10 minutes then letting it cool down slowing a couple of times. > > I did this once and the oil usage is 1 at/1500 miles. I'm tempted > to try it > again but for my concern about rod and main bearings, and I guess > rod bolts > as it's a 2.1. > > Any opinions, or actual facts, about this? > > Mike > >

________________________________________________________________ Sign Up for Juno Platinum Internet Access Today Only $9.95 per month! Visit www.juno.com