Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Jan 2003 06:09:53 -0800
From:         Tracy Bonin <icculus22420@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: The Vanagon wave!!

I always wave or beep at other VW owners. Not just the vanagons, but all other busses, beetles (even new ones). Hardly anyone ever does anything back though. Especially the new beetle owners, they never even seem to notice. Kinda sad, I always get all excited to see other vw's, and then splat- all hopes are squished like a bug. Actually, happened not to long ago in Hartford, was driving near Sission/Capital ave, saw a red vanagon, waved & beeped got no response, I know that they must have seen me, my bus is bright green. Looks like the mystery machine, you can't miss it. Oh well. have fun, Tracy 85' GL "Ripple" Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@ATTBI.COM> wrote:It's been on the list before, but I'm going to get it started again.

I must have passed by a half dozen Vanagons on my way to the office today here in Seattle, and a couple of folks even waved at me! I didn't really have a chance to properly wave back, so, I'm now going to waving at every Vanagon driver I see. This simple gesture of automotive camaraderie was the norm in the '70's when I was driving my MGB, which my wife and I still drive, and it is a custom that I think needs to be brought back.

So, if you happen to be driving around Seattle wave at other Vanagon drivers, and look for an old yellow Vanagon Westy (with a much older driver) that has a blue Vanagon.com sticker on the top and wave with both hands so I'll know you are on the list!!

Okay, okay, that's a bad idea. Maybe someone else can come up with a non-offensive one hand wave we can all use! Thumbs up maybe?

(Oh boy, this is a whole new topic. I probably should have waited for Friday for this post!)

Stuart MacMillan Seattle '84 yellow Westy w/2.1 Westy owner since '74 Plus a family full of MGBs