Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:21:44 -0800
From:         zampano <matthias.k@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      heresy: my next vanagon-a Honda?

Hi all,

Just saw the new Honda van-type car at a parking lot here at an Osh in L.A. As I was snooping it out the proud owner came up and we started a little chat. He had just bought it and said he was one of the first ones to own one of those. It's cool, the interior can be hosed out for cleaning, has hooks on the floor, with bungees that come with it, to tie down canoos, bikes, surfboards and the likes. Roomy, and very low bridge. Very tall, about as tall as a Vanagon, me thinks. Since mine is still at FGA (1 month now) to get the warranty replacement engine, I couldn't park it next to it and actually see. It has double doors in the back, one huge top one that opens like the Vanagon one, and a low, smaller one on the bottom. Altogether a very innovative, funky looking car. But very practical, it seemed, with doors that have a small suicide door right next to it, kinda like some super cab pickups. Was an automatic. The owner didn't know too much about the technical aspects, except that it was a 4 cylinder and that he had been getting 25 mpg in city traffic (what city?? what traffic :~)??) AND IT"S A HONDA!! Yippee. Not quite as big as our rigs, though. And not as much masochistic implications either. Will I ever be able to make the transition???

Cheers

Matthias