Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:50:53 -0500
From:         Tracey <boatshop@INTERCOM.NET>
Subject:      Re: '85 Westy Questions - Faucet replacement
Comments: To: marymontana@HOTMAIL.COM

Mary, I believe there is a thread in the archive of the Vanagon list about replacing the faucets in the 85's with a model that is better than those stock ones in some way. I repaired my leaking faucet on my '85 this fall and thought I'd pass along the these tips.

-When re-joining the screw-on fittings use plenty of teflon thread-tape as extra insurance against leaks. I had to really pile the stuff on.Especially important at that connection between the metal fitting and the plastic pipe (flexes in temp changes).

- Also consider buying a city water pressure regulator (Get it at Wal Mart for $10) so your new faucet doesn't blast off into space, or worse off...leak under the cabinet (which you never discover until it's too late)

I never did get around to getting a key made for my city water inlet and still fill the tank by unscrewing the panel inside the rear cabinet and opening the top of the tank.

Happy Trails Tracey E.

Visit us at: http://maritimeworkshop.tripod.com