Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 22 Jan 2003 13:14:30 -0800
From:         The Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: [T2] RMMW is in the clear.
Comments: To: type2@type2.com, Type-4@yahoogroups.com

At 09:06 AM 1/22/03 -0500, Vanagon man wrote: >here is a note from their site. > >Press release >January 21, 2003 >Rocky Mountain Motorworks, the world's leading supplier of parts and >accessories for Volkswagens resolved their long time trademark dispute with >Volkswagen of America. <SNIP> ******************************** And this is only a part of the story going on right now. Very reliable word (please don't ask how I know) is that RMMW is "scheduled" to be out of Chapter 11 by next Wednesday (Jan 29th) and are in semi-serious talks with Mid-America Direct (Real Source) about being bought out, closed and whatever inventory is left (there's some, but not much) is moved to their place in Effingham, Indiana. Potential sticking point may be the RMMW building in Woodland Park, which is for sale at an asking price of $3.8 mil and Mid-America won't want the property. So the deal may or may not go. If it goes, the Bus crowd can forget about this source for parts.

In a separate discussion with those in the know a couple of months back indicate that Mid-America has NO desire or interest in branching into Buses/Vanagons within their product line. MA added K Ghia stuff to their line-up about year and a half ago with lackluster results, not surprising, considering their pricing is a bit higher than RMMW, CIP, WCM, etc., so they're not enthusiastic about expanding to another model (never know, that could change). And there's no way Mis America can break into Type 2 parts with the sort of pricing attitude they have usually had, considering we're cheep (excuse me, THRIFTY) about maintaining our rides, much more so than the Corvette, Porsche, New Beetle, Old Beetle, Ghia crowd they currently cater to . Hey, we want more "bang" for our buck, right? Nothin' wrong with that.

Just passin' along some info..................

JIm 84 Westy 2.1 "Ole Putt" 68 Beetle "Xavier" 73 Ghia Coupe "Denise"

"Happiness Is The Perpetual Possession Of Being Well Deceived" *********** **Need to find the right dizzy? Site Heavily Updated Sep 22, 2002! Now with Type 3 & Type 4 Dizzy Listings! http://www.oldvolkshome.com/ignition.htm OR http://www.oldvolkshome.com/ovhignbo.htm **Upgrade your 83.5-85 Vanagon to 2.1 http://www.oldvolkshome.com/19to21.htm ***********