Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:45:33 -0600
From:         Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Jacobs Compusensor ignition system FS/71 beetle stuff and some VG
              parts.

Any of you early AC owners wanna put some spark into your Type IV, well this is the kit. I think I paid over 200 bucks for this module. Only requires a point style ignition. Easily mounts on the firewall and then jumper leads to both sides of the coil. Sell it for $75 and yes it did make a difference in mileage and the way the engine ran on my 79 loaf(may she rest in peace). I'll see if I can find the instruction book. The only hangup is figuring where to hook up the tach wire IIRC. YOu have only 4 choices to guess at. Not sure if such a unit is being made anymore or not, but back in the mid 80's it was the hot ticket. also has an anti theft switch. P mail for more info. also have a bunch of 71 beetle stuff to unload real cheap ie 3 fenders, couple 009/050 distributors, bench mount engine stand, new cofap steering stabilizer 6x9" speaker housings for front kick panels etc. Need $125 for all of it.

Vanagon parts. Used power steering pump and hoses/pulley $40 Rust free power steering lines(steel) Used radiator in fine shape(aluminum) $30 Used evaporator coil for AC(front of radiator) $40 Wiring harness for rear AC unit 86-91 for sure minus the relays) $50 Rear AC unit virtually new for GL's $200 Front AC ductwork(overhead front piece and the tunnel stuff to the rear $50 ECU wire harness missing some wires, but ECU plug is intact and most everything is there. $20

DM&FS