Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 31 Jan 2003 23:10:02 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: diesel-gas conversion problems solved! (mostly)
Comments: To: Matt Ratto <mratto@UCSD.EDU>

The Vanagon fuel pump is designed to run at less than 40 psi. CIS requires a pump that can deliver at 80 psi, has a check valve, and you will also need a fuel accumulator. You also need to replace the hoses with reinforced lines or steel tubes designed for that pressure.

Dennis

never mind. I went out today, retorqued, drove it, retorqued again. Seems to be fine. No leak. Now to figure out my system pressure problem.

If anyone is reading these emails any more, I do have a question for those of you who have done this conversion.

What system pressures did you find with a CIS system and a vanagon fuel pump? Is there residual pressure? Mine drops immediately to zero when I shut off the engine. Is there a fuel pump check valve like on the A2's?

Got it into third today - lots of power!