Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Feb 2003 21:48:12 -0800
From:         Nolan Hester <waywest@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Question re buying & selling a westfalia in Europe

We rented a Eurovan Westfalia (a T4) from B & W's Amsterdam office for two weeks in May 2001 and found them to be reasonbly priced and good to deal with. The Euro-dollar ratio has gotten worse since then, however. At the time it was much cheaper than staying in hotels and eating in restaurants. We'd buy fresh stuff at the local open air markets, saving our eating-out dollars for the really special dinners. The real advantage, however, was that we didn't have to plan out our whole trip in advance and, instead, could follow our nose and the roads day by day.

BTW, the "Eurovan" camper in Europe is called the "California," which just goes to show ya that the name is always greener on the other side of the pasture.

Nolan-WayWest 87 Westfalia