Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Feb 2003 16:04:37 -0800
From:         Jeffrey Schwaia <jeff@TSSGI.COM>
Subject:      Slowly Disappearing Vanagons

My day sure started off on the wrong track. Shame too, since the weather is gorgeous here in Sacramento today I was really hoping to enjoy it a little.

Anyways, I wandered out to one of my many extra vans that I never seem to drive, to do the weekly run (got to keep those lifters happy). I hopped in and it started right up, unfortunately, it made one hell of a racket from the exhaust so I shut it down immediately and began looking for the cause. It didn't take too long before I noticed that my O2 sensor was missing.

Damn thieves!

Just once I would like to catch one of these guys. The idiot even left behind his crescent wrench. I'd really like to return that wrench to him, but he probably wouldn't like where I'd put it.

It was a new O2 sensor too. Oh well, it could've been worse... they could've taken the new catalytic converter and muffler.

Someone also stole the center caps off my alloys this week and two hubcaps off another of my vans.

I guess the word has gotten out that there's a guy in town who has a bunch of Vanagons that are easy pickings. Time to lock 'em up and release the hounds.

Hope everyone else is having a better day.

Cheers,

Jeff -Proud (and angry) owner of 9 slowly disappearing Vanagons