Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Feb 2003 18:16:02 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: 85' Vanagon
Comments: To: jtlincoln@PORTCITY.COM

The best shot on an interior is to find an 80-91 Vanagon / Westy donor car with decent parts and buy the whole shooting match. Everything from an 80 up will pretty much fit except in 85 up the sliding door (little longer) and that one panel next to the seat rearwards of the door. Replacing the interior is pretty simple, the panels are on with expansion plastic pins. The seats just slide off forward (have latch to lock them).

Stan Wilder 83 Air Cooled Westfalia

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 18:00:28 -0500 Jeff Lincoln <jtlincoln@PORTCITY.COM> writes: > Hey everyone! > > I am very new to the list and am looking for some advice. You see I > inherited my wonderful 1985 Vanagon. It's not the 68 split window > I've > always dreamed of but I love it anyway. I have had for around 2 > years now > and it hasn't given me any problems but minor "wear and tear" type > things. I > would definitely like to keep it running and in good shape for as > long as I > can! > > The only thing I don't like is the color scheme - Tan Exterior w/ > brown trim > and tan inside. It's pretty ugly (to me anyway). I want to get it > painted > and replace the carpet, interior panels, headliner, etc. I have seen > several > websites with carpet sets, panel sets, and headliners - my question > is if > anyone has experience with purchasing anything like this? How easy > is it to > replace these items, and how does it look (workmanship not > included)? I want > my little magic bus to look as good as I feel driving it! > > Also, what are your thoughts on having it repainted? I guess I am a > purist > in some ways but I am sure I will never sell it so I'm not real > concerned > with resale value. > > Another thing - I didn't realize that you shouldn't reset the trip > meter > while moving until it was too late. So now my odometer doesn't work. > Any > idea where I can get a replacement - I am assuming I striped the > gears out. > > I am very happy I found this list. Please bear with me for a bit > while I get > acquainted. > > Thanks for you time, > > Jeff Lincoln > >

________________________________________________________________ Sign Up for Juno Platinum Internet Access Today Only $9.95 per month! Visit www.juno.com