Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Feb 2003 07:28:52 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Seeking Wisdom on Buying a Westy
Comments: To: haewolius@YAHOO.COM

http://williamwareagency.com/forsale/stanvan/buyused.htm http://williamwareagency.com/forsale/stanvan/shapingup.htm http://williamwareagency.com/forsale/stanvan/0003.htm Stan Wilder

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 20:22:45 -0800 Jeffrey Stangeland <haewolius@YAHOO.COM> writes: > hello all, > > i found this list in my research and i am thankful for > this forum. i am looking to buy a westfalia camper, > vanagon style because i like the roominess and the > swiveling front seats and how all the equipment is > behind the driver's seat. i am wondering about a few > things, and i hope someone could guide me in the right > direction. > 1) i'm wondering whether it is better to get a > water-cooled or an air-cooled engine. i owned a 1970 > poptop some years back and did all the maintenance and > work on it, and i like that i could do my own repairs > and maintenance. seems like it might be easier on an > air-cooled engine, but i don't know... if someone > might tell me the pros and cons of each... > 2) what is the life-span of a rebuild in both these > cases? is it better to find a good one with a blown > engine and do the rebuild...? > 3) is there a good, reliable source for wasserboxer rebuilds? > > 4) are some year's models better than others? > > 5) anything else that might be relevant to consider in purchasing a > westy > > > i sure would appreciate some feedback on this issue, > in this time... thanks. > peace, > jeff > > > > > > --------------------------------- > Do you Yahoo!? > Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now > >

________________________________________________________________ Sign Up for Juno Platinum Internet Access Today Only $9.95 per month! Visit www.juno.com