Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 Feb 2003 11:30:10 -0500
From:         Stephen Steele <steeles@HORIZONVIEW.NET>
Subject:      COW Third Winter Gathering

Pardon the WOB for most of you. But I thought I might include a copy of the text for my posting to Central Ohio Westies for our upcoming Winter Gathering in case anybody nearby might like to attend...

Hey Happy Campers! It's time to make some plans and think about getting together for Our Winter Gathering. When: The Saturdays that we (I) have open in March are the eighth and the twenty-ninth. We have held the first two Gatherings on Saturdays. Sundays available are the ninth and the twenty-third. I think Saturdays would be best... how about you?

Where: Let's give the Northerners a little break and go up their way way a little. What about Westerville or Delaware somewhere near a restaurant. Anybody have any ideas? With the "iffiness" of March weather I think a city park would be better than further out.

What: Well you know... get the vans out of hibernation (for most of us)... drive them in and poke around to see what, if anything, has changed during the winter. Talk VW, camping, and upcoming dates. Take pictures. Find somewhere to get out of the wind and eat together. It'll be FUN! PS: Jeff and Jeff, I'll bring your AZ parts with me.

LET ME KNOW YOUR TENDANCIES ASAP. We will go with the dates that the majority can make.

Also bring your calendars so that we can set up future camping events.

BTW, here's a synopsis of last year's activities... Someone from COW was present at Second Winter Gathering (7 and a Golf) EB 2002 ( FMBC) in April (2 of several hundred) Spring @ Buses 'N Boats in May (5 of 30) Summer @ Steele's Alum Cliff cabin in June (4 of 4, planned the last minute) High Country (FMBC) in late July (3-4 of hundreds) COVintageVW / Dixie Bus Gathering (4-5 of ?) Fall @ Stroud's Run SP in Oct (4 of 4) Last year saw us attending more larger events while our presence at state park campouts was lower. This is your Club, if you want more/different directions, let's hear about it.

From last year's Winter posting: > We now have 34 listees and have averaged six to eight vans on our campouts. > Last years' initial Gathering on March 10 brought out 13 of you for a drive > in, park, and share event.

From last year's Winter report: > Anyway... > The weather forecast for that Saturday (3-16) was overcast and occasional > showers. As we drove into the Darby Creek Metro Park...the sun broke through > the clouds. The wind was chilly but not unbearable.

This year, after a COW List purge, our numbers are at 28.

Now if you are still with me to this point... Remember that some of us are planning to attend EB 2003 it's April 4-5-6 this year outside Greensboro NC. If you need more info about it or are even mildly interested in attending...let me know. And lastly, I am including a short post by member Tom Hubbard... > Hi Stephen, some COWs attended the High Country Bus Festival last > year. It was a great event. My story on High Country will be in the > April or May issue of VW Trends. My story on Volksfest was in the > March issue. Hope to see you at a camp site sometime soon. > Tom Tom, bring a copy of VWT so we can all see it! Hope to hear from each and everyone regarding the upcoming Winter Gathering. PLEASE REPLY. Happy Vanning, -- stephen (still) reluctant header upper of the Central Ohio Westies