Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Feb 2003 10:47:53 -0500
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Re: HUGE STASH of Rare Vanagon Goodies - MUST SEE!
Comments: cc: RAlanen@aol.com

> Just got my order from the BD. I ordered two sets of the Euro tail lights, > now what do we do with them ? They do not accept the light bulb socket > of our North American Vanagons ! The rear of the lens assembly is totally > different and there is no way short of a tube of silicone to use our light socket base. > Ron, what's up with this ? If there is no solution I guess I will be returning mine. > Also got the rear seat zippered pouch. Well, not sure that's was worth the $69.95. > Rita says she can sew one up for less that half that amount. Nothing fancy about > it at all, just a really big zippered pouch made from grey material with some snaps. > No sign that it's official Westfalia except on the box. Maybe we're supposed to > cut and paste that logo on to the pouch to make it look cool !

Frank,

I just learned that some or all of the tail lights have the wrong clip for attachment to the U.S. housings. I'll forward your email to Cheri (sales@busdepot.com) who will issue you an RA number for return and also credit you standard ground postage for the return shipping cost. Anyone else who got tail lights that don't fit should please do the same; just email Cheri and she'll take care of it. Or if you want to keep them and fabricate your own mounting method I'll refund half the price and you can keep them, just to save me the return shipping cost.

As for the zippered pouch, I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. I think it's pretty cool, and adds a very useful storage space where the was none before. In fact I kept one for myself. No, it doesn't have a big Westfalia logo on it, but neither does any other piece of upholstery in the van. It would agree with you that the raw material cost alone doesn't justify the price, but the same could be argued regarding virtually any part on a Vanagon. Rear hatch mosquito screens sell for about the same price, have no Westfalia logo on them, and have about the same value in raw materials. Same with curtains, and for that matter pretty much any mechanical part on the van. In fact this has been one of the more popular items I found; I'm down to one left now, besides the one I'm keeping for myself, and there are no more left in Germany. That being the case, perhaps another Canadian listmember might want to take it off your hands. if it's not your cup of tea. Of course, otherwise you're certainly more than welcome to return it as well (subject to our normal return policies). Just let Cheri know.

Anyway, my apologies about the lenses. Frankly the difference in the mounting clip was so small and unexpected that I just didn't notice it until another customer discovered it yesterday.

Just a reminder that I'll be leaving for a week later today, so any email addressed to me directly (or via the list) will probably not be read by me for about a week (but email sent to the shop, at sales@busdepot.com, will be answered promptly in my absence).

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. (215) 234-VWVW www.busdepot.com

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by Part # 1-866-BUS-DEPOT