Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:50:51 -0600
From:         Open Wheel Racing <openwhel@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Mig welder for sale, all inquires off list please,
              if not interested in LONG SALES PITCH please delete!
Comments: To: TYPE 2 LIST <type2@type2.com>,
          V/W Pick up list <list@vwpickups.com>,
          HOUSTON V/W CLUB <list@hvwc.net>

Hello List, please make all inquiries "Off list"

I have a Snap-on YA 219 A MIG (M etal I nert G as) wire feed welder for sale. I am told it is made by Miller, and sold by Snap-on. I do not know this for sure. It is very well taken care of, and in 100 % working order. Complete outfit ready to weld steel, or aluminum. This a perfect machine for body work, comes complete with everything needed to start welding, except an ARGON bottle. This is either rented or purchased from your local welding supply house. Machine will weld in the following modes, SPOT-WELD, STITCH-WELD, CONTINUOUS-WELD. All modes are fully adjustable. Please note: The low pressure gauge for the pressure regulator is broken. I have a new one on order, if it does not arrive before sale, I will either ship it to buyer, or discount price $25.00. A MIG welder is one of the simplest welding machines to use, even a complete novis can be "welding in 30 minutes". Follow the instruction manual (supplied) and learn to weld simple welds in an afternoon. Welder offer to list for two days first, before the E-thing.

The following parts and supplies included with the machine, and are as follows:

WELDING MACHINE WELDING LEADS STEEL WELDING WIRE ALUMINUM WELDING WIRE ARGON REGULATOR and HOSE. WELDING HOOD, with # 10 lenses. WELDING GLOVES

Here are the specifications quoted from the user manual:

"This wire welder is designed especially to suit the needs of the professional welder in plant maintenance departments, garages, auto body, and fender repair shops, schools, and ornamental iron works. You can weld light sheet metal, aluminum and steel, up to 1/8" with a single pass. Weld 1/4" with beveling and multiple pass. The welder consists of a single phase power transformer, stabilizer, rectifier, and a unique built in control/feeder. Outfit comes complete with gun and all interconnecting cables."

SPECIFICATIONS Primary Volts............120 Primary Amps.............20 Phase......................single Frequency..............60 Hz. KVA..........................2.4 Secondary Volts...........19 Secondary Amps .........90 Duty Cycle................20% O.C.V. (max) ..............32

FUNCTION OF CONTROLS (see pictures)

1) WIRE SPEED: adjusts the speed of wire flow from 50 to 550 inches per minute.

2) HEAT SELECTOR: selects one of five heat settings from lowest (1) to highest (5).

3) MODE SWITCH: selects one of three welder operational modes: spot, continuous, or stitch.

4) SPOT-WELD TIME: adjusts length of time the arc is maintained when the mode switch is in "spot" position.

5) STITCH-WELD TIME: adjusts length of time the arc is maintained when the mode switch is in the "stitch" position.

6) STITCH-INTERVAL TIME: adjusts length of time the arc is extinguished when the mode switch is in the "stitch" position.

7) POWER INDICATOR LIGHT

8) POWER SWITCH: turns welder on or off.

If interested drop me a note, I will send pictures and pricing information. Also if you will send your Zip code I'll send shipping costs. Thanks to all who hung in there and read this far!

Sincerely,

Howard