Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Feb 2003 14:19:15 EST
From:         Ben T <BenTbtstr8@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Insurance - credit check
Comments: To: gull@CYBERSPACE.ORG

In a message dated 2/8/03 10:57:36 AM Pacific Standard Time, gull@CYBERSPACE.ORG writes:

<< Insurance companies are in the business of making money. Anything they can use as an excuse to raise your rate, they will, regardless of whether it has anything to do with how good a driver you are. I've been told my rate would be lower if I were female or married, traits that I don't see have much to do with my driving either. >>

David, insurance companies determine your premium based on your statistical group have as a driving record. I certainly would not want to pay the same premium as a "single 16 year old male who is driving for the first time". Perhaps a more accurate way to state what you just said is "They whatever they can to determine who gets to pay more and who gets to pay less." My 16 Year old male teenager won;t be happy with it but the 50 year old woman next door would be just to use an example.

<< Raising rates on people with poor credit scores is particularly low because it's kicking someone who's already down. They're already short on cash, so you charge them more. Despicable. >>

After being involve with mortgage loan procurement in one way or another for some 15 years, I find that poverty does not guarantee a poor credit report. Frequently it is mismanagement of ones credit worthiness. Just this weekend, I am working on two files which couldn't possibly perfect as an example. One person works for the one of the teacher's association. She makes about $44,000 per year. Her median credit score is 804. While on the other hand, I have another client who made more than $185,000 last year whose credit score is a dismal 598.

BenT