Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:37:34 -0700
From:         Bill N <freeholder@STARBAND.NET>
Subject:      Re: Friday sing-a-long

I so enjoyed your poem that I just had to write my own.

Bill in the Southwest

***************************

If you lose an election, just recount.

If you lose the recount, too, then just pout.

If the courts rule against you,

Then just say they're full of poo.

If you lose an election, just recount.

If someone is a bad man, just appease.

If he keeps killing Kurds, just say please.

If his sons rape and plunder,

And his generals do too,

When you read it in the paper, just say "poo."

If a man kills his own, is that wrong?

How many must he kill before he's gone?

Hitler killed 12 million.

I guess Saddam must kill a zillion.

He could reach that number easy before long.

Our "friends" in Europe say that he is fine.

They say he hasn't crossed that fuzzy line.

If he does, I'm sure they'll tell us,

And then they're sure to sell us

Down the river like they do most every time.

England stands together with us now.

While over there in France they have a cow.

If war comes as it will,

And France is dragging still,

Just remember they don't matter anyhow.

(c) 2003, William Nolan

Keep in mind, going to war without France to help is like going deer hunting without your accordion.