Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 16 Feb 2003 09:25:28 -0800
From:         "Tom L. Salicos" <tomsalicos@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Banging around, was Re: Compact cookware set
Comments: To: Marc Perdue <marcperdue@ADELPHIA.NET>

> This brings up something that has bugged me for some time. Do any of you > have any real cool tricks that you use to keep your cookware from banging > around while you're driving

A couple of things. First, after we bought our '87 Westy we went to the local outlet mall and furnished it with really nice flatware and dishes for reasonable cost. Because the stuff can rattle around, my wife (decent seamstress) took some flannel sheets and made bags to hold the plates, teflon pan, 3 qt pan, pan lid, coffee/tea mugs etc. It keeps them totally quiet and maybe even a bit cleaner. Bags don't have to be a work of art.

I wonder how many know just how large the sink is ??? Turns out you can put an 8 qt (or litre) bowl under there. So we have a Rubbermaid one for dishwashing and two stainless ones nested there for rinse water and/or salads. Teapot goes inside the top bowl and extra dishrags and hand towels keep that quiet. Stainless bowls were from Target store.

Nice to hear the list topics turning to subjects of Spring.

Tom Salicos '87 Westy Syncro '76 Bug