Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:04:26 -0800
From:         Claudio Cella <claudiocella@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Fuel line insulation.
Comments: To: sleepingmonkey1 <sleepingmonkey1@JUNO.COM>

I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not but this is what i did: i went down to the local pick your part auto yard and scrounged a whole bunch of plastic sleeves from jsut about anything i could find. This is the plastic sleeve that is used to protect electrical wiring, hydraulic hose (power steering) etc. Black in color and is similar to an accordian (best i could come up with for description). Picture a long flexible tube that is split down the middle on one side thus permitting you to slide the sleeve onto installed wiring, hose etc. Not intended for great quantities of heat but it should work for fuel lines. Many GM cars from the mid eighties and on have a length that runs just under the left front fender, reachable from the engine compartment. You should be able to buy some of this stuff at any local auto store as well. Cheap as i am i paid all of $ 2.87 CDN for a bunch of lenghts (maybe 17 ft or so total) plus a bunch of small bits and pieces !! Price was right anyway. Claudio Cella 87 Vanagon GL 7 pass 90 Jetta TD

----- Original Message ----- From: "sleepingmonkey1" <sleepingmonkey1@JUNO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 6:43 PM Subject: Fuel line insulation.