Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Feb 2003 00:40:35 -0600
From:         mike boland <westy@MVBOLAND.COM>
Subject:      Re: Help Losing Idle!(still)
Comments: To: John Rodgers <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET>

heres the link

http://www.members.shaw.ca/bilbo/WBafm.html

or

you can go to VW order part number # 025-906-302

as shown on page 52 under this link

http://www.loam.org/vw/ click on Vanagon / drivability problems pages 52

Mike

At 12:57 PM 2/18/2003 -0600, John Rodgers wrote: >Matt Sutton wrote: > He ........felt it was AFM oriented. > >Matt, > > >There is the big clue. > >You may very well have a problem somehow related to the infamous >"bucking Syndrome", that has to do with the AFM. I'm not saying that it >IS the problem, but may be related. You want to elimnate all the >variables in tracking down this trouble so I would suggest you do the >Capacitor install that fixes the bucking syndrome. By doing the >capacitor fix, you eliminate one more possibility, and you might very >well hit on the fix. I have not done this fix myself, as I have not had >the problem, but it is so inexpensive it makes sense to me to do it. It >will cost you less than $5 for the parts from Radio Shack plus a little >of your own time. I'm sorry I can't refer you directly to the website >but one of the list members has the information and how-to posted on >their webpage. > >"Ask and Ye shall receive"! I have faith in the membership. > >Good luck, > >John Rodgers >88 GL driver