Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Feb 2003 19:49:54 +0000
From:         raul lince <eeore37@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Need some advice on how to work with 2nd gear brake band
Comments: To: Kjmmensing@aol.com

Hey Jeff , Thanx for the reply its been a couple of days since ive checked my e mail and this week is when i plan on changing the o rings inside the brake band cover. Ive also bought the two opposing lip seals that show up on page 38.24 of bentley fig 1. Do those necesarily have to be changed to stop a leak? plus removing them constitutes alot more headacke. My father in law and I (hes had his westy since 87 and has 286,000 miles on the original engine no rebuild!) are a little aprehensive about having to remove the valve body, The reasson being is that is this particular venture we have no clue . Loosening the phillip head screws aside what other steps are there that you can tell me specifically (im willing to live with the leak if its too tough but after all the work weve done im not so sure im going to let it go) Bentley is very loose on the details and i dont wish to put off having my Van back for another month so that i can save up the money to have someone do it for me. Id like to give it the attention that only i can give it just like ive done with my wasseleaker(AKA Fru-Fru the A-hole....name given to it by my friends) please help me jeff ill owe you bug time . respectfully Raul '89 wolfie

_________________________________________________________________ STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail