Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Feb 2003 11:25:15 +1100
From:         Steve Overmyer <s.overmyer@UWS.EDU.AU>
Subject:      Re: Shocks again, Koni adjustable

At 03:35 PM 20/02/2003 -0500, you wrote: >From: "Steve@EuroCampers.com" <Steve@EUROCAMPERS.COM> >Subject: Shocks again, Koni adjustable > >We just received a set of Koni Red adjustable shocks. I received 1 set for >Vanagon, and 1 set for EuroVan. I just finished installing the EuroVan set >on my Weekender. > >I'm interested in comments from anyone that is currently using these. This >shipment came from Holland, and as far as I know Koni NA does not offer >these.

Steve et al,

I have run Koni adjustable shocks on my '92 Transporter for over 100,000kms now.Ever since the originals were past their prime. Best shocks I have ever had...Bilstein handling but a smoother ride IMO... Shocks still going strong and are re-buildable when/if the time comes sometime down the track...

I also had a set on my '76 Double Cab for a similar amount of miles and they were excellent on that vehicle too.

The T4 Double Cab will also get a set when the time comes but it only has 28,000kms on it now so I'll have a while to wait until the originals need replacing.

BTW,what stiffness setting did you select before fitting? The instructions suggest starting on the softest setting (1 of 5 settings from soft to stiff) but I've always found going straight to No3 setting was the go... I never re-adjusted the old Double Cab,3 always seemed good but I have since upped the T3 to the stiffest setting.Great handling and still not a harsh ride...

Cheers, Steve O NSW Australia '92 Transporter WBX Kombi '68 Beetle '00 Transporter 5Cyl Double Cab '03 Transporter 5Cyl Double Cab (work truck)