Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Feb 2003 11:35:31 -0500
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: VW V-8 engine
Comments: To: mike boland <westy@MVBOLAND.COM>

Well, it looks like it would probably be at least 2 inches too tall (and maybe more). You might be able to get it lower in the engine compartment with custom brackets (well you'll need those anyway) , but...

I'm not so sure I'd want to trade my manual for an automatic (I'm still not convinced that >ANY< automatic will let you handle all situations in the snow (like when you need to rock your vehicle to get it out of a nasty spot, or torque it down by using a higher gear.)

The 4-motion system always struck me as more performance related rather than off road related. And if there is one thing certain in life, it is that MY vanagon's aren't drag racers.