Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Feb 2003 10:23:36 -0800
From:         Harald Rust <harald_nancy_vw@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re A question on awnings Part #2

If you're interested, you can read my review of the Fiamma F45 awning with photos. The F45 model is Fiamma's higher priced one, and is much sturdier than the manual lower priced model, which has to be rolled up by hand. Fiamma liked the review so much they have a product review link from their official European website to mine, but I don't get any kickbacks. It was an impartial review. Fiamma makes special brackets for the vanagon and eurovan. Their awning is German Tüv approved. It's the best awning that I have found, and the easiest to set up and stash away. All you have to do is turn the crank and lower the legs. The VW dealer installs a similar awning as an option on the Eurovan, but it's more expensive. It looks like an F45 to me. We onced compared it at a campground with a EVC owner's dealer-installed awning. Having it mounted on the side is absolutely no bother, and hasn't affected driveability or wind noise at all. No difference in gas mileage. Click here for my review: http://www.geocities.com/harald_nancy/ Harald '90 westy