Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:41:17 -0600
From:         Birkenfeld Jeff <BirkenfeldJeff@JOHNDEERE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Subaru engines
Comments: cc: "lamont@MINDSPRING.COM" <lamont@MINDSPRING.COM>

Hello Jeff:

What are you suggesting ? The engines are still in the vehicles and = in both cases there is a zero on the far left designation on the = odometer. If you wish you can come and see for yourself and check the = titles. If I am wrong we can do a double or nothing, you can pay = $1000,00 for the engines or you can get it free.......

One of my neighbors has an 1987 Chevrolet with 8000 miles on it.

regards. clarence

Clarence, Not suggesting anything really, just curious. I've seen examples of low mileage, older autos as my grandmother-in-law has an '85 Town car with 17,000 miles, driven to the beauty shop once a week since new. Been through several tires mostly due to dry rot and several engine, tranny, front end seals and brake lines over this time. Not exactly dependable since these items seem to blow after warm-up, causing several tows to the dealership and phone calls to me. IIRC, her total bill for this auto runs around $42,000 (purchase price off the floor plus the various repairs) and her dealer rep keeps telling her to "just drive it more" and thinks the climate controlled garage is drying out the rubber over time. It may sit in the heated garage all winter if the snow keeps up this season. I know low mileage vehicles exist, not questioning that, I guess I'm just curious of the history.

Anyway, I still want to know about the displacement of these 2 and if it's what I'm looking for, may take you up on your double or nothing proposal. How about the ancillaries such as ecu, wiring harnesses? Included in the price?

Thanks, JB