Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 16 Feb 2003 21:59:25 -0500
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Snow handling of 412
Comments: To: Larry Alofs <lalofs@ENTERACT.COM>

The 412/411 have the same problem with deep snow that my old Super Beetle had. If it is deep enough that the car bellies out in the snow, you'll loose traction on the rear wheels and get stuck. If that happens you'll need to get a couple of people to sit or hang on to the rear to help compress the snow and give you traction.

Better yet, sit tight. While the GoldBrick can handle all this stuff, there are few other vehicles that have the ground clearence (which translates to very few folks are going to be moving around on Monday.). Tuesday warmer temperatures will aide in the clearing of the streets, but it will be taking DC a LONG time to plow the neighborhoods, if past experience means anything.