Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Feb 2003 20:37:09 -0500
From:         "ncbus@mindspring.com" <ncbus@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Everybus 2003 issue
Comments: To: FullMoonBusClub@groups.msn.com

I returned from being out of town this weekend and was greeted by a pile of e-mail regarding the " Everybus 2003 Feedback" post. I have not had a chance to respond to each message yet but I will.

A couple of important points 1) Response was overwhelmingly positive 2) Everybus will be well attended by folks from both coasts and all points in between as well as the "Great White North, eh." 3)There will be a chilli cook off/pot luck. 4) I will do my best to get a carabus list on the web site 5) I have made a change to the riot act. I have removed the point concerning arriving in a VW bus, SC, DC, Vanagon, EV etc. This is a complex issue that falls into the "letter of the law vs. the spirit of the law." I should have fixed that from the onset.

The original intent was to keep the EB camping loop for buses and bus people. I realize from personal experience that some attempts to arrive at a camp out in a bus are foiled by little problems like blowing a motor en route :) Also, family members and friends sometimes arrive separately from the bus/driver. Some folks bring a support vehicle along with them legitimate reasons. I was aware of the previous issues when I put up the 2003 site and I was reminded of these facts by several folks recently. I should have been more sensitives to these issues and I apologize for that.

To remedy the situation I have removed the specific point from the web site. When time permits I will clarify the issue on the web site for those who visit the web site as to why a change has been made.

Thanks Chris www.everybus.com

thanks ncbus