Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:33:57 -0500
From:         vw4x4 <vw4x4@FYI.NET>
Subject:      Re: vanagon with ticco engine/vibrations
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@UVIC.CA>

This is one of the things I have no idea what you guys are talking about. My swap I built myself. The mounts are right from a factory VW I4 Fox/Audi. I also included the third engine mount in the front of the engine. This is a well known problem area in engine swaps, and for this reason I stuck with the factory parts. 4 clynders.are known to have vibration problems. This is an issue as far back as the model t fords. The Golf and Jetta use a combination of weights and hydralic mounts and even have a small balance shaft that drives the distributor. So if you don't have this problem with the Tiico, I would be very suprised! Now the fix: You have to find what is vibrating. This is the hard part. Rev the motor until it vibrates. You may even have to have someone drive the vehicle, with the engine opened. Warning you can get killed donig this! Start phisically touching things. Vibrations are many time hard to see, but the minute you put your hand on it you will know if it is the problem or not. Weld, bolt, glue, strap it down as tight as you can. Your done. Eric