Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Feb 2003 20:53:12 -0700
From:         Bill N <freeholder@STARBAND.NET>
Subject:      RoadHaus and the Elusive Larry
Comments: To: SpareVanagonList <vanagon@yahoogroups.com>

We had the opportunity today to attend the RoadHaus bash in Tucson, and see the fabled Vanagon for ourselves. Unlike others, we didn't forget a camera, and so were able to take some great photos of the amazing Vanagon. We were also sure, at first, that we could verify the actual existence of Larry himself. After all, he was there, and we met him, didn't we?

However, when we looked at the photos, we discovered that we never actually captured an image of Larry's face. He was supposedly there, dressed in bluejeans and a blue Roadhaus t-shirt, but either he isn't in the photos at all, or he is always facing the other way. In one shot, of my wife holding his very cool shower, he is behind her erecting the canopy, and a corner of the canopy "conveniently" blocks his face.

I discussed this with my wife after we left, and we realized that neither of us actually saw his face while we were there. So, while the Van is certainly real, we cannot confirm the existence of Larry himself.

Now, about the photos, the address is:

www.willcox.net/roadhaus

Some of the things to look for in the pictures:

LED track lighting over the sink DISH network, with "all" the channels Computer Flat Screen for the TV Cameras, with infrared LEDs for night use on all four sides of the van Thule rack and storage Kayak Solar power (generator backup for Oregon) Potty in box behind passenger seat Too much else to mention

Oh, the sweet '58 bug belongs to Lemorris and you can see more at: www.58vw.com

Bill in the Southwest