Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Feb 2003 22:33:47 -0800
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: vanagon with ticco engine/vibrations
Comments: To: mumbrue@ATTBI.COM

Hi Julianna-

I did'nt really think it was the engine in the first place. I could see the AC bracket was off-angled , twisting the belt sideways . The black rubber powder was also evidence that the pulley was not aligned with the crank pulley. You experienced what I warned about, and this happened to me in my 62 beetle I used to own. The out of balance fan shook my motor apart. The belt vibration did the damage. It could be that other Tiico owners are experiencing belt vibrations from mis-aligned pulleys and brackets and mistaking this for mounts, etc. or all of the above.

I could see that your AC pulley was not parallel to the crank pulley. Good that the parts have been found-it should'nt be a long job. The flimsy SA brackets should be replaced with Golf_Jetta A-2 or A-3 parts.

If I was planning a Tiico purchase I would have all the Golf-Jetta parts gathered ahead of time to swap out the inferior Tiico parts.

With the new parts you'll be set. Make sure to get spare belts for the trip.

-

Robert

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus