Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:24:04 -0500
From:         80 Westy Pokey <pokey@VANAGON.ORG>
Subject:      Re: A Bench seat up front?
Comments: To: daniel hansen <kevin_likes_to_climb_much@HOTMAIL.COM>

The Z-Bed from my westy has mechanisims on the side of it that would not likely work given the front seat pedistals. What I have done in my westy is kept the stock drivers seat and added a modified bench from a Vanagon Transporter panel van for three across front seating. It slides right into the stock tracks.

The issue with these benches is that they do not stay up on thier own and you need to build a bracket or they will flop backwards.

I don't know if something like a single cab had a straight across three person front bench(if they did this would likely fit fine), but I doubt it would fold the way you want, nor would that of a domestic pickup truck.

Thanks, Chris

---- Original message ---- >Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 23:36:19 -0700 >From: daniel hansen <kevin_likes_to_climb_much@HOTMAIL.COM> >Subject: A Bench seat up front? >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > > Yea think about it! >I've already asked the syncro list and a different vanagon list this and >didn't get any help so I thought that maybe this list in it's infinate >wisdome could help. > I want to install a z bed seat up front! I like the loven I get from my >wife of 11 months and "I need you here with me not way over in that bucket >seat." (Cake's best album and my favorite song entitled "Stick shifts and >safty belts, bucket seats have all got to go") Wouldn't it be nice to chop >out a bench seat from my other van and weld it up front? What if I could >make it a Z-bed and I could lay it down. (NOT WHILE DRIVING!) Then I'd have >a bed in the front and one in the back! Beat that with a bat! >Any ideas? I've got the seat belt housings, parking break, and maybe the >stick shifter to worry about. I'm 5"4' and she is 5"2' so we would want the >bench close to the dash. Let me know. >Kevin in Idaho >1990 Vanagon Carrat >1987 Syncro GL >1984 Vanagon Gl (parts van) >1982 Patient Wife > > >P.S. this had not political overtones so I hope it will not trigger yet >another large yet pointless debate. I.E. songalongs,vanagons drivers >favorite's, v-8 engines,or anything else I'll deleat with out opening. > > > > >_____________________________________________________________ ____ >MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* >http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus