Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:50:36 -0500
From:         SD Kraning <PopTop88@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Automatic Rebuild
Comments: To: Edward Maglott <emaglott@BUNCOMBE.MAIN.NC.US>

I want to belive, I DO, I DO!!

My '90 Carat has been at the trans shop for over 5 weeks collectively now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had to bring it back 3 times. Every time I have gotten it home, it shifts okay with a little hesitation between 2nd and 3rd. The kicker is on a cold morning it won't go into reverse for a long time. Then it's really sluggish. Finally, after it warms up, it's okay.

But for $1300 I wasn't "okay" with that. I have probably been their worst nightmare, but I don't care - I'm not going to risk going into spring and it not failing until next winter when I call them up and they tell me their "1 year gaurentee" has [opps!] JUST expired, b'bye. y They said that fluid was apparently getting back into either the diff or the torque cnvtr (I can't remember what the deal was) and they were going to have to rig up a special valve like on a Chrysler mini van so it would drain back out ... That was kind of a red flag for me. But they promised they would make it right, so I'm still waiting. My point being - if it were THAT easy you'd think these guys could handle it -they're South Africans for God's sake...said they worked on them all they time back home!. We'll see...

Scott K.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Edward Maglott" <emaglott@BUNCOMBE.MAIN.NC.US> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2003 10:26 PM Subject: Re: Automatic Rebuild