Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:22:13 EST
From:         Jeff Oxroad <Oxroad@AOL.COM>
Subject:      More ant-theft Qs Wedge/Club?

Thanks to all who responded to my Kill switch questions. I'm going to go through with at least one of the ideas about the kill switch. You see I just can't have my Westy go stolen. She's all I've got, that, and the smokes. And I've cut them back to two packs a day. ;)

Has anyone had luck with that locking device that locks the clutch or brake pedal from the floor. I see them at Pep Boys for about $60 although I can't remeber the name--maybe the Wedge or something like that. Anyone have posative or negative experience with this on the Vanagon. I see the Club runs around $50.

I got to thinking the Club was a joke until a friend had her Cabriolet save by the club. Seems the theives got into the car and busted the windshield trying to get the club off the steering wheel. With the busted windshield they gave up--maybe too much noise when it broke, or too obvious to drive.

Still, I'm not sure the club is the way to go as they keep showing ways to beat it on TV commercials for other anti-theft products.

Any info and experience will appreciated. Trying to figure if the Wedge is worth the $60 and if it'll be effective on the Vanagon.

(Don;t worry about the smokes. Cutting the smokes back to 2 packs a day is an old 'Kids in the Hall' sketch for those who don't remember. Seems the guy was gonna lose his cable TV and that's all he had. That and the smokes. Poor fella. )

Thanks Jeff 83.5 Westy LA,CA