Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:01:47 -0800
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Question for Gas Heater Gurus
Comments: To: kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET

Hello Ken-

That's a BN-4 and it has been disabled. The spade connector with gray wire goes to a dash on/off switch. The fuse holder goes directly to the battery. As long as you have good fuel lines -you can run the heater. test like this:

1. Hook up the black wire with fuse holder to battery POS. 2. Push the spade connector into one end of the fuse holder til it makes contact in the holder - the heater blower should run and the fuel pump click. If the heater blower runs but the fuel pump doesn't click, tap on the pump with a screwdriver handle or similar - this might free up the pump.

If the heater doesnt start within three minutes, it will automatically shut off. The PO may not have tried flipping the red reset button on the side of the heater coming from the plastic cover.

If the heater doesn't start, let me know and I'll give you some more troubleshooting tips.

Robert K

1982 Westflalia Seattle

>From: Kenneth Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET> >Reply-To: Kenneth Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET> >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >Subject: Question for Gas Heater Gurus >Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:02:13 -0500 > >I have recently purchased a '78 ASI Riveria Camper. It has what looks to >be >a factory installed gas heater. It is located in the engine compartment to >the left, and looks like a small orange torpedo with german writing on the >side. I cannot figure out where the controls for this heater are supposed >to be mounted. Also there is a spade connector wire and a half of one of >those plastic fuse holders coming off of the wiring to the heater. Neither >is hooked to anything. Is this normal? Where do the controls for the >heater normally mount? If I wanted to test this beast what would be the >proceedure? > >Thanks, >Ken Wilford >John 3:16 >http://www.vanagain.com >http://www.strictlyvwauctions.com >Phone: (856)-327-4936 >Fax: (856)-327-2242

Robert 1982 Westfalia 1987 Wolfsburg