Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:58:05 -0600
From:         Open Wheel Racing <openwhel@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: [T2] [BP] What is this-Is it a compressor??
Comments: To: HOUSTON V/W CLUB <list@hvwc.net>, TYPE 2 LIST <type2@type2.com>,
          VintagVW@listproc.sjsu.edu, vwpickups@neubayern.net

OK, OK, please don't send any one over here wearing white suits carrying butterfly nets, but..............................and I know this is wild......................Is it a two cycle engine? Like all of us I have been looking at this and tiring to decide if its a Chinese mild lock or some other warped trick or???????????????

I don't have the answer, but only more questions:

1) I don't see any valve train!

2) Where is the exhaust system?

3) All of that electrical system, and no spark or glow plugs.

4) Where is the fuel system?

5) If there is combustion, where is the cooling system?

Look closely at the base of #2 (on a real Volkswagen engine anyway), is that an exhaust "gap" at the base facing toward the rear? About 150 years ago I used to fly model air planes, and the engines were two cycle, with glow plugs, and the exhaust would exit at the base of the cylinder. This would explain some of it, but not all.

Well call me crazy, but at least I'''mm nooot as think as yor durnk...

Please let me know where to pick up the prize money if I'm right.

Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!

Howard