Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 2 Mar 2003 08:10:17 -0800
From:         Mark Keller <kelphoto@HIGHSPEEDPLUS.COM>
Subject:      Stalling
Comments: To: debbwa@EARTHLINK.NET

Debbie,

I see that your list of replace items is getting pretty exhaustive. I'm the listmember who has written a great deal on this subject with regard to "adjusting" the fuel injection system.

What I'm suggesting is you search the archives under my email, kelphoto, since say 98 99 to date and read about the method of adjusting the Vanagon Fuel injection system.

For starters, you may in fact have an intermitten electrical supply problems somewhere, difficult but not impossible to track. But it would be best if you verifyed that the system is properly set.

Firsti is the idle switch, then timing, fuel pressure, and spring tension on the AFM. All of these adjustment need to be correct. The Computer just assumes these values are correct, it has no way of adjusting them.

As to intermittetent issues, that I recall: fuel pump relay, hall sender connector at distributor, O2 sensor cable shorts, cracks in solder on the ECU board, and or a heat damage power supply, I think . Up front the ingition switch and the main power relay also have beeen intermittent issues.

For better diagnostic suggestions, if you could note what other details seem to accompany the no start hot or hot stall.

sincerely,

Mark Keller