Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Mar 2003 01:03:17 -0800
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Any ideas, my van runs terrible, HELP!
Comments: To: McNock@EASYSTREET.COM

You may have fried the ECU--just kidding!!

Check to see the plug for the O2 sensor is firmly connected, or theat there are no melted wires.

It may still be in open-loop.

A new O2 sensor is good for about 60,000 miles. I don't know much about SA Motronic otherwise.

Robert 1982 Westfalia

>From: Nock <McNock@EASYSTREET.COM> >Reply-To: Nock <McNock@EASYSTREET.COM> >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >Subject: Any ideas, my van runs terrible, HELP! >Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 23:36:27 -0800 > >I own a tiico van, and was getting only so gas mileage So I disconnected to >02 sensor and drove around for a couple of days. > >Not big difference. > > >Well I hooked it backup, it suddenly seemed to go from ok to terrible. > >I need some help. I didn't do anything!! What happened? Did something >else happened at the exact time it did this? HELP! > > >Starts just fine, but simply does not like to accelerate. Idles fine. Bogs >down when I step on the accelerator. Almost dies. Sometimes backfires. > >Once I am patient and get to speed on the freeway, seems to hum along just >fine, but gutless. I worry about hills. If I get off and stop, well >getting going, esp on a hill is terrible. Seems if a get the revs up, it >"catches" and gets going, but not anywhere like normal. > >Pulled one set of plugs, all sooty. Put some new ones in. Same >performance. Pulled them a day later, and the look ok - may be a little >dark. > >I have looked for loose wires/broken wires - can't find any. I unplugged >the o2 sensor again, no difference. > >Could this be bad injectors/fuel pump? (I have new injectors from jetta >about 1 month ok) > >Fault codes: >Most Always >00533 idle regulations N71 090 adaptation limit surpassed (often return >immediately upon clearing) > >less common >00537 Oxygen system regulation, 27-00 implausible single > >0524 knock sensor G61, 3100 open or short to ground. > >0561 fuel mixture adjustment. > 15-10 adaptation limit (add) not reached.

Robert 1982 Westfalia 1987 Wolfsburg

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus