Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Mar 2003 15:56:30 -0500
From:         Bradley Flubacher <flub@ADELPHIA.NET>
Subject:      Re: chronic flat  lifter
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>

This is more like the answer I was after. I've used MMO in the past, and found that, yes, the lifter did quiet after time. But, the lifter quiets with time when there's NO MMO in the case. Users of MMO, do you put it in the case with every oil change?

I'm using a mahle oil filter at the moment, but I intend to switch to the amsoil filter when this one is done. I've been running the amsoil for only 5 months, so I'm certain the oil is fine. I'm probably due for a filter change, though.

As it is, the lifter pumps up after driving for about 15 minutes. Once it's pumped up, it'll be fine for the day. However, it's been flat every morning for weeks now. This is my wife's daily driver.

Brad