Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Mar 2003 01:52:39 -0500
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: To All Tiico Owners:  Solutions To Every Tiico Conversion
              Question
Comments: To: Jon <jon@FOREIGNAUTOSUPPLY.COM>

Wow. A really informative post. Thank you. I've been fairly pleased with my Tiico engine (except for poor gas mileage...which I attribute to me not knowing how to set up the parameters correctly). I don't have and never had a vibration issue. I do have a few bones to pick with the installers of my Tiico (gas lines not properly tightened, bolts not tightened) which could have had nasty consequences. I also realize they didn't set the parameters in the engine (but I'm learning how to and hope to make use of your post here to get better at this myself.)

In fact, despite the loud complaints, I've been planning on getting another Tiico for my camper (the current one is in my passenger Vanagon). But have been waiting until I resolved the issues with my current one. With such an informative post as yours, I hope to be one step closer to putting another order in.

Thanks for joining the list, and please try to stick around as knowledgable folks such as yourself (who are also able to speak from direct daily experience) are a really valuable commodity that can only benefit the list.

On Tuesday, March 4, 2003, at 12:25 AM, Jon starts: