Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Mar 2003 05:13:51 -0800
From:         zolo <zolo@FOXINTERNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: Weekender for Sale
Comments: To: CoralBayFL@AOL.COM

For all who shows interest in this car. I have seen it, although only have taken a look at it, and was not impressed with the paint work. I have not looked at it any further though. Inside it seemed to be acceptable for its age. The amount of money spent on it must have some merit. The body needs some work on the rear corners and the after market paint job seems to peal all over, asking for removal. The original paint was that yellow kind that is so common on these vans. Now it is medium brown. It was painted witht the windows and locks on and the Florida heat soon have turned it into an ugly duckling. My complain was the paint only and some of the body damage. It maybe a good project for someone who does not have big bucks but dearly wants a Westfalia without the kitchen. I here did not intend to make negative comment or harm the sale of the advertiser, but save some precious time and mileage for those who would not want it and thus could leave it to those who are looking for just such a thing. As I say, only the paint threw me off. I did not even open the car for further look, only peeped in. It would not start anyway. But I am sure it would be a great Westy once the outside is taken care of in a more quality way than it was done first. The inside fabric is that corduroy material that was a poor choice by Volkswagen, but seems to be in still acceptable condition. With respect to the seller and the List, Zoltan

---- Original Message ---- From: CoralBayFL@AOL.COM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: RE: Weekender for Sale Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 06:57:02 EST