Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Mar 2003 22:15:43 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: window tint
Comments: To: Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>

Most all of the colored films I have encountered so far have been so-called graphic films and are lower grade films that the metal based films. Although I may well be wrong, I would bet that Sunnex has a range of films that run from expensive high quality stuff to the cheap grades, and the high color films are the graphic grades, most excellent for graphics, but tend to be lower quality so far a sun protection is concerned. This is not to say they do not have their place. They definitely do. If you want a good, multicolored graphic on a window, a graphic film is the way to go. But they tend not to be the film of choice for sun protection. However, if you want most excellent sun protection, Get a good film made for the purpose. It will most likely not be a high color film.

In my experience, the ugly purple that occurs in window tint occurs when the tint is dying, and this consequence usually occurs in low end graphic film. It is sort of the consequence of trying to get a cheap tint job in the beginning. I'm suggesting one should go ahead and spend the bucks to start with to get a good grade of tint and a good installation to ensure long life in the overall job.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver