Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 Mar 2003 21:16:07 -0800
From:         Antaki <wrack@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      Re: STILL stalling
Comments: To: Debbie Walters <debbwa@EARTHLINK.NET>

Your Vanagon may possibly have the same problem the engine donor van had in the salvage yard. It had been T-boned in an intersection. I suspect a wiring problem up front caused the engine to stall, leading to the crunch. They started the Vanagon up and the motor ran fine. I bought the motor, to take delivery in a week when they dismantled the van. When I went back during the week, the motor would not start or run. We changed all sorts of parts, in plentiful supply due to it being a salvage yard. No go. Finally, I wiggled some wires to the fusebox, and the engine ran fine again. Must have been a failed connection or wire. A pity, but I do like my newer engine!

Rant over, Ron Antaki