Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Mar 2003 23:20:09 -0600
From:         Joel Walker <jwalker17@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: window tint (F?)

> Riiiiiiiight, Joel.... this would of special interest to the owners of > diesel Vanagons which exceed the speed limit rather regularly, when dropped > from a nearby cliff, or the semi-anemic 1.9L Westfalia in full camp garb > chuggin up a North Carolina hill in third gear.

ayah. got to watch them dieselers!!! they think they be tiny 18-wheelers and flagrantly disregard (irregardless?) the laws of our highways, screaming along at break-wind speeds, careening dangerously around and amidst other law-abiding trafficers (such as your humble servant, myself), and all the while, polluting the air we must breathe with their foul sooty exhaust!!!

why, it's enough to make one consider an advocation of the return of stocks and pillory as punishment for such offences!!! :)

> Perhaps the Tiico-nauts > will note it as their trusty Valentine revenue-collection-avoidance device > vibrates off the windshield (sorry, cheap shot, had to take it, Friday > disclaimer!) when they hit 4000 rpm.

methinks they simply like to brag ... somewhat akin to the lonely housewife and the spin-cycle of her washing machine!?

> Maybe there's a new use for this metallic tint, since it does reflect > short-length radiation so well. You could rig your microwave oven to > operate with its door open and use it to heat the entire interior of the > Vanagon while camping. Well, at least the occupants would feel hot and the > sausages left on the table would cook in time for breakfast... then you > could have your dead cat for lunch (oh, lighten up).

... a possible side benefit, depending on your genes: early loss of hair saves money on haircuts!

we used to have some microwave folks in our army battalion. some of them claimed to have been up on the DEW line in Greenland. claimed that a few seconds standing in front of the antenna rendered one sterile for several days ... time enough to wander into town and sow some dead oats. nobody mentioned any cancers or other side effects. but i always wondered ... what the heck towns are there in Greenland!??? :)