Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Mar 2003 21:13:48 -0600
From:         Joel Walker <jwalker17@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: 91 Vanagon Multivan rebuilt motor hiccoughs

> started poking around when I came across a tech bulletin talking 'bout the > ignition coil possibly being the problem. Wish I knew where that link was but > perhaps someone else here can elaborate on that problem specifically?

maybe this is it ...

Technical Information Group: 28 Number: 90-01 Date: March 31, 1990 Subject: Vehicle does not start, ignition miss Model(s): Vanagon, from 1986 Model Year

If the engine does not start or in case of ignition related engine miss, check the ignition coil for bitumen leakage. Bitumen leakage may be caused by overheating of the ignition coil which may occur when the engine runs for a prolonged period of time at idle.

Replace the standard grey labeled ignition coil with green labeled coil Part No. 211 905 115 D. The green labeled coil was installed into production as of 1/89. VIN: 25HG 06 5838. ***************************************************************** * CAUTION * * Part numbers are for reference only. Always check with your * * Parts Department for latest information. * ****************************************************************