Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Mar 2003 22:05:52 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      New age advertising - Fuel Cells - Friday

Years ago GM, Ford, Chrysler all advertised their vehicles showing a family driving somewhere or gathering around the car as a family. In effect the family car. In the commercials everybody drove sensibly past beautiful scenery. Not No More! Car manufacturers show professional drivers that are driving the dickens out of the subject car on a closed route, race track or completely empty down town city street. The horse power race has never 'not been there' but it is the most highly advertised feature now. I just gag every time I see those 3 or 4 young people in that Mitisibushi actually trying to wave their arms around in rhythm to the music on the radio. I'm glad I was never the owner of one of those famous airborne Ford or GM trucks they used in commercials ................ who do you suppose wound up with those trucks with bent frames, over plunged shocks and cracked tranny cases? The news just said that regular unleaded fuel was up to $2.00 + a gallon in California. It hovering around $1.66 + in Dallas right now. Shell Oil company just announced that they have Hydrogen Fuel Plants on the drawing board. GM, Honda claim to have an efficient hydrogen car slated for production. I must wonder if everybody drove a hydrogen fuel cell car ............... how much humidity would it add to the air, how much moisture would be on the road? Are hydrogen powered vehicles going to perform like race horses or more like out conservative vanagons? I believe that I'll let the rich guys buy the first five years of production so I won't be in the danger of having another lemon. Lemons like I owned: GMC Diesel 80 pickup truck(Bark, Bark, Bark), 4,6,8 Cadillac Eldorado V8 (Anti Stop Brakes, Bad Engine, Failed computers, Weak CVs), 68 Cadillac Eldorado (CV and tire problems), Chevy Chevette (opal engine and tranny, nuf said), 1983 Cadillac (266 cid aluminum engine, bad cam, bad steering, no power). 66 Turbo Corvair (couldn't keep a clutch in it) All those bough new and I have many $$$ regrets. So when hydrogen fuel is the solution ................ I'll wait and see.

Stan Wilder

________________________________________________________________ Sign Up for Juno Platinum Internet Access Today Only $9.95 per month! Visit www.juno.com