Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Mar 2003 21:49:10 -0800
From:         pedro dos santos <pedrokrusher@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Diff lock in a 2wd

Robert Berkemer wrote: -------------------snip---------------------- O.K., seems to me there might be a number of listees interested in better traction for our vanagons. We'd like to have at least part of the syncro traction... There are also a bunch of us with automatics. Does anyone know it there is a locking or limited slip option for us? I'd be VERY interested.

Thanks, Bob 84 westy das leaker ---------------------snip-----------------------

Hi volks

I have been reading this subject with great interest. I am looking for some more info for both MANUAL AND AUTO (my 91 is auto, and i'm looking for a syncro tranny for the ddcab). It's for some future projects...

There must be more people on this list that has some more knowledge on this subject. Can those people share their experience with us? Like a parts list and estimate$$$? Only one listee did.

I was very pleased with the post from Todd Last. he had described the advantages of each option: limited slip vs lock diff vs Quaife. Can some more folks share their experience?

Thanks a lot guys

Pedro dos Santos 91 vanagon + carat int + pop-top transplant 85 ddcab vanagon