Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 Mar 2003 20:28:05 -0700
From:         Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: headlight bulb question...
Comments: To: mark_hb@HOTMAIL.COM

There are four lenses, but 6 filaments behind them in the bulbs, behind the lenses. I can't talk "clinically" about this topic but can say what I see. When in my garage I can hold the bright lever back and get very bright brights. When I let the lever go, my blue high-beam dash light comes on and my "bright lights" are on, but not as bright as when I was holding the lever back. I think Jeff is talking about the low-beam headlight staying on while the brights are on if you hold the lever. I've noticed the difference this test makes while out on a dark road...fairly significant. The low beam is on along with the high beams and the area nearer the van is then lit up better. If I remember, the regular headlight bulb has two filaments in it and normally only one is on at a time. The two are different size coils, the larger for "bright", the smaller for low beam.

Bob

http://groups.msn.com/BobsPhotoShare

----Original Message Follows---- From: Mark Dorm <mark_hb@HOTMAIL.COM> Reply-To: Mark Dorm <mark_hb@HOTMAIL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: headlight bulb question... Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 18:43:37 -0800

All six?? I have four: two normal and two brights... don't I??

_________________________________________________________________ The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail