Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:19:51 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: 1971 Westy need help with transport NVC
Comments: To: icculus22420@YAHOO.COM

Give the seller a healthy deposit and have him hold it for you. Pay in full only if you have to. That is a hard trip on an unknown vehicle. I acknowledge that anyone from the list that brought it to you would take special care that it wasn't abused on the cross country route but 31 year old busses aren't famous for completing 3000 mile road trips without a foible or two. You can always have it trucked to you and that might be the best method other than the expense. I've shipped cars from Dallas to Orange County for about 500$. You might get a better deal if you allow the carrier thirty days and just fill a slot as to comes available or can make the trip in sections rather than non stop. I blew a new fan belt and new alternator pulley for no known reason on my 66 the other day, not a big deal but Murphy's Law is en force in every State. Hope you can go get it yourself and have the great adventure of the road trip.

Stan Wilder

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 06:34:45 -0800 Tracy Bonin <icculus22420@YAHOO.COM> writes: > Hi all !! I found a 1971 Westy that I really like, and want to > purchase. The only problem is that it's in Santa Barbara, CA...and > I'm in Bristol, CT .......so I was wondering if anyone knew anyone > who needed a ride across the country, they could drive it? Or if > anyone had any other ideas on how I could get it over here?! I don't > have the time to take off from work or school to go get it otherwise > I would love to take a ride to CA and back. > > thanx in advance, > > Tracy > > 85' GL "Ripple" > >

________________________________________________________________ Sign Up for Juno Platinum Internet Access Today Only $9.95 per month! Visit www.juno.com