Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:15:59 -0600
From:         Bruce Nadig <motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      FS: Parting Out '80 Westy

Howdy From Texas,

I am parting out a 1980 Westy. I am going to need some of the stuff on it for a project I am working on, but most of it is up for grabs.

I just bought the Vanagon, but here is what I have been told about it:

The 2.0 air-cooled engine had low compression in one cylinder the last time it ran. The van has been sitting since 1995 and probably hasn't been run since then. It MIGHT have some fuel injection problems also. I will be taking the engine out next week. I think that it would be good for someone needing a core. I haven't looked at the engine closely, but I think that pretty much everything is there. The computer is present, but I don't know if it works.

There is a 4-speed manual transmission. I was told that the tranny is good. I haven't been able to verify this. I will be removing the transmission next week.

The interior is worn or trashed depending upon the particular component and your level of scrutiny. Much of the interior appears as if I can be rehabilitated. If you have a particular interest in any specific parts let me know and I can photograph them for you.

I am not a Westy expert (my other Vanagon is a GL) but it appears as if all of the cabinets are present and in good condition. I believe that the rear seat folds out into a bed.

There is a sink and a refrigerator. I have no idea if these things work, but it doesn't appear as if they have had parts robbed from them.

The van is located in Austin, Texas. I am willing to ship parts to the U.S. and to Canada (if you live outside these areas and are still interested let me know - I might ship to you). I would rather not have to ship the really big stuff like the engine or transmission, but I have been talked into things before.

Everything is sold "As Is." I make no warranty at all. I accept PayPal (you can use your credit card on PayPal), money orders, cashier's checks, and cash.

Please let me know if you are interested in anything this Westy might have.

Thanks, Bruce

_________________________________________________________________ Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail